Frequently asked questions
How many guest does Sycamore Hall hold?
400 Guests for a seated meal.
How early can the bridal party get to the stone house and grooms quarters?
The bride and bridesmaids can arrive as early as 6:00 for Hair, Make-up and Photos inside the stone House. The groom and groomsmen can get there three hours prior to the ceremony time. You can get ready anywhere you’d like inside the stone house but you need to keep makeup and curling irons and flat irons on the designated tables that we provide.
We prefer that food and beverages stay on the first floor of the stone House. Just keep in mind that if you do bring food/beverage upstairs around all our fancy Restoration Hardware furniture, you are liable for stains and damages.
Can I take a shower or a bath in one of our very fancy bathrooms?
Yes! You have to bring your own toiletries and towels.
Can we spend the night?
No, but you can take a nap!
Do we need to clean up the stone house and grooms quarters before the ceremony or reception?
This is really a question for the bride and groom.
If the bride and groom would like wedding guest to tour the stone house and grooms quarters after dinner, you might want to secure your personal belongings inside one of our armoires or closets. Otherwise, you have to remove all your personal belonging at the end of the reception.
What can the groom and groomsmen do while on site all day?
Play pool, watch the big game on two big screen TVs, jam out to some kickin' music, fill their bellies before drinking alcohol, or just relax and pamper themselves! To keep this space nice for each and every groom and groomsmen, only pool balls on pool table. Absolutely nothing else is to be set on top of the pool table. No shoes on any of the furniture!!
Can the bridal party bring in food and beverages during the day while they are getting ready?
Yes, but all food and beverages need to be finished or put away by the time the caterers are on site. Please do not bring coolers of an kind into the stone house or grooms quarters. We have provided very fancy refrigeration in both Houses for your use.
Where can we have an outdoor ceremony and is it any additional cost?
You can have your ceremony anywhere you’d like on our 10 acres. Most brides and grooms pick the grass in front of the pergola. The grass between the stone house and the pergola can hold up to 400 guest! Some couples pick the courtyard in front of Sycamore Hall for their ceremony site, while other choose inside the hall as their first choice! If the weather is not cooperating the hall is a beautiful backup no matter what! There is no additional charge for a ceremony at Stone House of St Charles.
Can our pet come to the wedding?
Yes, we will welcome any kind of furry friends as ring bearers, flower girls bridesmaids or groomsmen or just to be in family photos. They are not allowed inside the buildings.
What time should I start my ceremony?
We get this questions a lot! My answer usually surprises people. Since you get up to 18 hours at our place it is a good question. I think the time that you decide to start your ceremony or reception depends on how long you want to pay for a bar! Cocktail hour needs to start directly after the ceremony. Any more time than that between the ceremony and reception is awkward and annoying for your guests. The average time for a bar is 4 hours, some couples pay extra for a 5 hour bar. More than a 5 hour bar is not allowed. We do not allow cash bars or suspending the bar for a period of time after it has opened. It is a good idea to close the bar at 10:30 to allow time for your guests to finish their drinks prior to the lights coming on at 11 PM.
What time does the reception have to end?
The music and bar has to end by 11:00pm no matter what day you get married. The cleaning crew come in at midnight.
What if I want to get married at my church, do you rent your place for just receptions?
We only rent our place for the entire day. You can come in the morning and get ready, go to the church, then come back for the reception.
Do you have decorations and centerpieces that we can use for our wedding?
Yes! We have tons of the most popular items that you see on Pinterest and google images for you to borrow for your wedding day.
Our crew sets it all up for you and breaks it down at the end of the night also. You can bring in any of your own decorations too and we will set those up as well. (With some exceptions)
We do not allow families or bridal parties to set up or breakdown decorations, only licensed and insured vendors like wedding planners or wedding coordinators. The hall is not unlocked until our crew is on site for set up. Your florist and dessert vendor are usually the only two vendors that will need to coordinate with us about set up time.
Send me any and all inspirational photos from Pinterest for what you’re loving for decorations and centerpieces so I can check everything I already own off your list!
We also have a ton of pictures of our decorations on our website on the gallery page. I also put out all my decorations at all my Open Houses. We have the Open Houses once a quarter and we announce the dates and times on our Facebook page.
I’ve heard you have a House DJ that is included in your package, is that true?
Yes, our DJ service is included. It doesn’t cost you any less money if you don’t use our DJ, doesn’t cost you any more if you do! We will provide music for the entire day. Ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. We also provide all microphones needed. Our DJ will do your reception only If you are having your ceremony offsite. He will not do your ceremony only. If you have a band or another DJ, they will be required to provide sound and microphones for your ceremony as well as the reception. Headsets, lapel mics, handheld wireless mics. We have a state of the art sound system that blows everybody away!!! You’ve got to hear it to believe it!!! We have THE coolest dance floor lights around also!! I need you to send me your complete music list one week from the wedding. Title and Artist with any special instructions written right next to the song.
How does catering work if I choose to get married at Stone House of St Charles?
All catering is a separate contract with an off site catering company. All beverages must come from Booze Broz. If you get married on a Friday or Saturday at our place you have to use one of our preferred caterers. They are listed on our website on the Vendors Page. Our catering minimums are different from most places. We do not have a “pie in the sky” number that you have to hit. Our catering minimums are a per person minimum. You have to spend at least $50 per person on the food and bar. Those two things combined cannot cost less than $50 to get married at our place on a Friday or Saturday. If you chose a Sunday wedding you can choose any full service food caterer at any price point. Booze Broz are required for Sunday weddings too. There are no catering minimums for a Sunday wedding. We have to approve whomever you choose prior to you signing a contract with them. The caterer has to sign a contract with us to use our facility. They have to been licensed and insured with commercial liability insurance and a valid liquor license. Stone House of St Charles requires the use of China, flatware and glassware for all weddings. The only exceptions are for cake service and a to-go coffee bar.
Do you provide a time for a ceremony rehearsal?
Yes, we provide you a one hour ceremony rehearsal time FOR FREE!
Unheard of, I know!!!
Friday weddings rehearse on Wednesday nights from 6-7pm
Saturday weddings rehearse on Thursday nights from 6-7pm
Sunday weddings rehearse on Thursday nights from 5-6pm.
If you’d like to have your rehearsal dinner inside the stone house after your free one hour ceremony rehearsal we rent the stone house out for $500. You have the use of the stone house until 11:00pm. We provide tables and chairs and set up. You can bring in any food and beverages you’d like. The great room hold up to 48 guest seated around tables. You can have more than 48 guest but the rest of your guest would be inside the conservatory. Total guest 65-70.
How do I book my wedding at Stone House of St Charles?
1. You can book a tour and do it all in person. You can sign the contract electronically and make the deposit by cash, check or credit card.
2. You can email or text me and request a PDF of our contract be sent to your email address. You can fill it out and email it back to us and we can send you an invoice for the deposit that you can pay online securely thru Square.
3. You can print a copy of the PDF file, that we email to you, fill it in with a pen and stick it in an envelope with a check for the deposit, put a stamp on it and snail mail it to me! If you choose this option just make sure you text or email me and tell me that it’s on its way because your date is not secure until your contract and check are in my hand!!
Remember you make three separate payments to us:
1/3 down to book and hold your date.
1/3 180 days from the wedding.
1/3 14 days prior to the event.
Checks are made payable to: Stone House of St. Charles
All deposit are non-refundable.
Do you have A/V equipment for use at the reception?
We have a projector and a mobile 80" screen that can be used for slideshows and same day edit videos. It can be connected to your media device by HDMI. Slideshows need to be played from a laptop. A USB storeage device alone will not play from our projector.
How do we plan all the little details of our our big day with our Stone House of St Charles Coordinator?
We will send you a form called a Banquet Event Order approximately six weeks from the wedding. You will need to schedule your final walk thru from our website once you have your final headcount. Just bring that BEO with you filled out to the final walk thru. We will go over everything for your big day! (Rehearsal, wedding party, timeline for the whole day, vendors, decorations, Floorplan, etc).
What are the rules we must follow on our big day?
* The Stone House is unlocked and ready for the bridal party at whatever time listed on your Banquet Event Order for Hair, Makeup and Photos.
* No smoking, vaping or illegal drugs inside the stone house or smoking or vaping within 15 feet of a door or window.
* No coolers inside the stone house. The refrigerator is empty and available for your use.
* You can bring in any food/beverages you would like for the bridal party during the day.
* You can do hair and makeup anywhere inside the stone house except for the dining room table.
* Do not move any furniture without prior permission.
* Do not place any objects on the display case.
* You can keep personal items inside the armoires in the bedrooms. They are not locked but have high powered magnets.
* Keep the front and back door closed as much as possible. It will keep the house cooler or warmer either way. If you keep the conservatory door closed it will also help with the temperature in the stone house.
* All personal items must be removed from the stone house by midnight.
* The Grooms Quarters is unlocked three hours prior to ceremony start time.
* Only pool balls on the pool table. Absolutely no drinks, gifts, shoes, bodyparts, or people on the pool table.
* No coolers inside the grooms quarters. All beverages can be put inside the refrigerator.
* No shoes, whether they be on your feet or off your feet, on any furniture. Even if the photographer ask you to jump up on furniture, do not do it.
* No smoking, vaping, or illegal drugs inside or on the balcony of the grooms quarters.
* At this time, no windows can be opened inside the grooms quarters. You can open the balcony doors but the windows need to remain closed.
* Hang suits only on the hooks provided. Do not hang anything from the chandelier or bath tub surround.
* Once the caterer is on site and the bar is set up no alcohol that you brought in can be consumed anymore throughout the course of the evening. Do not give any alcohol to the wedding guest. This is against the law. Any alcohol served to guest has to come from your licensed /insured caterer. Any alcohol that is left out will be collected and given back to you at the end of the evening. If you have something special that you would like to drink that you brought in you can have a conversation with the bartender and see if they would be willing to put it behind the bar for you.
* The Hall is opened and unlocked approximately 3 hours prior to the ceremony or reception, depending on your schedule.
* Stone House of St Charles crew does all the set up and clean up of the ceremony site and reception. We will come and get everything from you that you are brining in once we are on site for set up. Any items you bring in will be cleaning up and packed in the same manner that we received them and placed in the foyer or by the caterers road for you and your family to take home with you.
* Only licensed and insured vendors are allowed on the premises for any additional set up. If you have contracted out with a vendor that is doing any thing other than just dropping something off we will need a Certificate of Insurance from them at least one week prior to the event. This is something any legitimate vendor will have readily available to email to us.
* All china, flatware, glassware and linens must be brought in by your full service catering company and required for all events. The only disposable we allows is for cake service and a to-go coffee bar. The catering company is responsible for the ordering, the deliveries, and the pick up of all rentals. Stone House of St Charles will coordinate with the
catering company and the rental company for all pick up and delivery times.
* All Friday and Saturday wedding must use one of our preferred food caterers listed on our website.
* Every wedding is required to use BoozeBroz for all bar services.
* Friday and Saturday weddings have a catering minimum of $50 per person. You cannot spend less than $50 per person for the food and bar combined.
* We have the right to refuse service to anyone we deem necessary. Disrespectful and/or destructive behavior will not be tolerated.